The Church Hall

Generally referred to as 'The Village Hall', the original structure was built in 1914 by the Curzon family assisted with funds from village efforts and sold to the Diocese of Derby in 1931. It was further extended in 1965 to provide a better stage area, and again in 2004 to extend the storage, provide improved toilet facilities including a disabled persons toilet, improve the kitchen, and connect the upper and lower floors with an internal staircase.

The main hall with stage area can accommodate between 90 and 110 persons depending on seating arrangements, and has an adjacent Committee Room with hatch access to the kitchen where food may be reheated.  There is also a smaller room at the rear on the lower level which is used during most mornings by the Quarndon Preschool.

There is limited disabled parking at the front of the building and also a large car park at the rear with a separate, paved and well-lit pedestrian access.

The hall is used by a variety of organizations, and can also be hired for private functions.

You can enquire about hiring the hall on this page.